You Are Strong. You Are Loved. You Are Not Alone.
Reaching out to isolated COVID patients.
Like many people, we have been racking our brains on how to help out and give back during this challenging time. Then last week, a family member who works in a hospital shared with us that one of the hardest things for COVID patients is that they feel alone. And that sparked an idea.
As Holistic Interior Designers, we strongly believe that our environments have a huge impact on us. The spaces we spend time in affect our moods, behaviors and actions, and these in turn determine 80-90% of our health outcomes. With this in mind, our goal was to add something positive to patients’ spaces in contrast with the typical hospital room, which can be a bland, cold, and even frightening room.
Color and art have the power to move us and lift our spirits – so when we got the go ahead from the hospital we made fifty signs with bright colors, cool graphics and a powerful message. We then laminated them for nurses to hang in patients’ rooms. The signs have been a success and had a tremendous impact on both patients and nurses so we wanted to make them available to all. Each poster is available for download below, as are instructions for printing and preparing. If you know someone that works at a hospital, reach out to them and see if they could use some and then get to work spreading some color, love and joy!!!
Some notes on printing and preparing posters:
- In the interest of preventing the spread any germs, we suggest washing your hands before beginning and wearing a mask while preparing these.
- Signs have been formatted to print on on 8.5″ x 11″ paper at 100% scale on a color printer.
- The hospital that we worked with required these to be laminated prior to hanging. This will ensure they last, but also make it possible for the posters to be sanitized. If you don’t already own a laminating machine, you’ll need one that is big enough to laminate an 8″ x 11″ sheet of paper, like this one (which is also fairly inexpensive).
- We included velcro tape on the back of each sign (one square in each corner) as well as blue tape so that the laminated posters could be hung without damaging walls.
- Put in an envelope and slap on our custom label, which can be downloaded below, and deliver to your hospital contact (keep the mask and add gloves for this part :))