This month we’re talking about all the ways you can show gratitude for your home and office space and the benefits you can reap from doing so. Because wherever intention goes, energy flows! We’re also sharing our most recent feature in Mansion Global that talks about Holistic Interior Design and what it really means. Enjoy!
A “HOME” GRATITUDE CHECK IN
Mental health experts say that one of the best things you can do when you are feeling down is to begin making a daily list of what you are grateful for. The idea is that by looking at the cup half full versus empty and realizing everything you DO have, it will begin to shift your energy and how you feel.
So how does this apply to your home?
Take a second to think about how many things your home provides- a place to seek refuge in, where you can rest, recharge, entertain and nowadays, work from. Our homes are everything these days and it’s important we take a moment to honor them. Here are some of the ways you can do this:
- Use sage to do a space clearing. During this ancient indigenous ritual you clear any negative, stagnant energy that no longer serves you and set an intention for what you do want in your life. By taking a moment to pause and work with your space and being intentional about what you want to infuse it with, it becomes activated and enlivened.
- Clear out clutter. Clutter represents old, emotional baggage that no longer serves us. It creates disorder and weighs us down and represents those hidden, unconscious parts of ourselves that we may need to work on. By spending some time working through our clutter we are not only creating “space” for new opportunities to come into our lives, but we are also making our homes lighter and more orderly and you will instantly feel a sense of calm and balance after doing this.
- Decorate. Tired of your bedding or throw pillows? Updating small items in our home are an easy way to pay attention to our spaces and increase happiness. Just like you feel better when you dress up, dressing up your house will enliven your space and make it feel better and is a great way to show your gratitude.
A “WORK” GRATITUDE CHECK IN
Considering our office spaces provide the background for us to conduct business and make a living, honoring and tending to our offices is perhaps even MORE important than our homes. When we pay attention to our office spaces, they become activated and there is no better way to show gratitude then to give them some of our attention.
Below are some of the ways you can do this.
- Implement a #CLUTTERFREE workplace. Office spaces have the tendency to build up clutter and general disorder more than homes do because of the amount of people working in them and fast paced nature of the work being done. When every employee takes 5 minutes at the end of their day to tidy up their space and throw anything out that they no longer need, the office becomes a soothing and orderly environment. Tending to our office spaces are a great way to show gratitude for them.
- Does your space reflect your brand? Walk through your space with a soft eye and ask the question – ‘Does this space truly reflect who we are as a company?’ If the answer is no, hire a designer or ask employees for ideas on what can be updated to better reflect the company. By designing with intention, we activate and energize our spaces and it’s another great way to show gratitude.
- Have your windows professionally cleaned. Windows are the “eye” out into the world when we’re inside. If they are dirty then we have a dark, incomplete view of the outside world. If you are in New York City, we love working with Big Apple Window Cleaning. Every year we get our windows cleaned in Spring as a fun annual ritual to welcome the Spring in.
Gala Magriñá Design works with clients that understand the importance of creating a beautiful space and want to work with a no-nonsense design team that is able to clearly chart the best way forward. What separates or approach from other designers is our extensive knowledge of how people live and how best to create a customized space that nurtures that. We aim to merge cool and beautiful interiors with a holistic, mindful and intuitive approach to design that results in powerful, healthy spaces that elevate and transform people’s lives. For more information please visit www.galamagrinadesign.com.