Summer is over and it’s time to get back to work! This month we’re doing an office tour of one of our most resi-mercial offices to date complete with lounge and bar. More and more of our clients are asking us for offices that feel less office, and more home – and we’re here for it! Still WFH? No worries, we got you covered too with some of our favorite Fall must have items to keep you warm and cozy and summer nights turn into cool Fall mornings. Enjoy!
When Yousician, a music tech company, approached us about designing their NYC offices, we were thrilled to take on the project. Even more exciting was their request that the offices feel less ‘office-y’ and more like home. Situated in the Meatpacking district, with exposed brick wall and sky-high ceilings, we brought this brand to life while honoring the existing architecture.
We used a variation of the company’s signature green in key places throughout the office – most strikingly in the monochromatic conference room, which was essentially wall to wall green. Forgoing traditional meeting rooms, we created a very resi-mercial ‘chill room’ where employees can go for some quiet time away from their desks, or use as collaboration space with teammates or clients. We chose comfortable furniture, a soft rug, and created a focal wall with guitars as a nod to the brand’s mission. A record player, vintage record collection and full bar rounded out the design.
Another feature that as a nod to the musical roots of this brand are the entry walls, wheat pasted with black and white images of musicians reminiscent of concert posters you might find posted around a city. To see more of this project, check it out on our website here.
WARM UP YOUR WFH OFFICE
As many people are also still working from home, or some type of hybrid, we want to show you a few of our favorite items to warm up your #WFH space as well!
- This Geometric Rug by Tantuvi Studio keeps things cozy and sophisticated. Made of natural materials, and composed of calming greens and ochres, it’s the perfect addition to any workspace.
2. Coffee table book about coffee? Yes. Not only would this be beautiful on any table or shelf, it will help you perfect your daily cup of Joe.
3. With chillier weather on the horizon, one of the best parts of working from home is being able to wear sweats, or even wrapping yourself in a blanket while you work away. This one from Bauble Bar can be customized with any name or initials, making it super chic, and maybe even acceptable garb for a zoom meeting?
5. One of the easiest ways to warm up any space, and to add a bit of character, is a throw pillow. The zebra print by Scalamadré is a classic for a reason – and you can custom order this pillow in it from The Inside.
6. To go with your afternoon pick me up of either perfectly brewed coffee or tea, let’s add a little fun. The shape and colors of this cup will brighten up even the gloomiest of fall days.
Gala Magriñá Design works with clients that understand the importance of creating a beautiful space and want to work with a no-nonsense design team that is able to clearly chart the best way forward. What separates or approach from other designers is our extensive knowledge of how people live and how best to create a customized space that nurtures that. We aim to merge cool and beautiful interiors with a holistic, mindful and intuitive approach to design that results in powerful, healthy spaces that elevate and transform people’s lives. For more information please visit www.galamagrinadesign.com.